FAA Remote Pilot Certification Test Prep Course - Springfield
Date: 6/12/2018 - 6/13/2018 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Location: UMass Center at Springfield
1500 Main Street
This UMTC course is taught by Aviation and UAS industry experts and is geared toward individual who wish to earn FAA Remote Pilot Certification. Students will also learn about UAS Safety Management Practices that insurance companies and risk managers encourage.
This 12 hour course will cover all of the required knowledge content areas of the FAA’s Remote Pilot Test including: Regulations, The National Airspace System, Weather, Aircraft Loading and Performance, and Flight Operations. Upon completion, students should feel qualified to take the FAA Remote Pilot Test.
Course participants will also learn about key safety features of certain models of UASs as well as how to develop and follow sound checklist procedures and maintenance protocols.
• To prepare attendees with minimal UAS experience for the FAA Remote Pilot Written examination
• To introduce attendees to the current FAA requirements for drone operations as they apply to both private and public entities.
• To Introduce attendees on the current FAA Remote Pilot Regulations
• To introduce both current and potential drone operators of some of the most common safety practices.
1. Applicable regulations relating to small unmanned aircraft system rating privileges, limitations, & flight operation
2. Airspace classification, operating requirements, & flight restrictions affecting small unmanned aircraft operation
3. Aircraft Aerodynamics, Loading & Performance
4. Aviation Weather sources & effects of weather on small unmanned aircraft performance
5. Maintenance & preflight inspection procedures
6. Flight Physiology, Crew Resource Management & Aeronautical Decision-Making
7. Airport Operations
8. Emergency Procedures
*Parking will be validated for the Tower Square Garage ONLY*
**Please be advised, that this class will be recorded for future training presentation. Participants will be asked to sign an audience release form.
Click here for directions to the UMass Center Springfield.
|Rebecca||University of Massachusetts, Amherst|
|Jason||Berkshire County Sheriff's Office|
|Chester||Town of Tewksbury|
|Nathaniel||Town of Framingham|
|Ruben||Town of Ware|
|Elizabeth||Town of Wellesley|
|Tony||Town of Wilmington|
|Matthew||Town of Chesterfield|
|Sean||University of Massachusetts Amherst (UMass)|
|Hollie||University of Massachusetts Amherst (UMass) - UMASS Air|