The T-FORCE Toolkit is a resource designed to aid officers in conducting commercial motor vehicle (CMV) traffic stops safely and effectively. The Toolkit contains detailed information regarding large truck/bus enforcement, including:
- The differences and similarities between traffic enforcement with large trucks/buses and passenger cars
- Strategies for increasing officer safety
- Techniques for choosing the location of the stop
- Techniques for approaching a large truck during a traffic stop
- Visibility issues due to the size and weight of the vehicle and commercial drivers licensing (CDL) requirements
The Toolkit also provides information regarding when to call the MCSAP team.