Complete Streets 201: Designing Your Streets For People
This training will provide an in-depth technical review of various Complete Streets design elements. Attendees will learn:
• Benefits of Complete Streets;
• Design guidance for people walking, biking, and taking transit;
• Methods to balance roadway users and apply flexibility;
• Complete Street Funding Program requirements; and
• Best practices for public engagement.
The elements discussed will be applied through a site visit (weather permitting) and design exercise. Please wear sturdy shoes and dress for the weather. Hard hats and safety vests will be provided by Baystate Roads.
The workshop is intended for Engineers, Designers, and Planners who are interested in developing Complete Streets solutions for municipal roadways. Municipal representatives requiring training eligibility for the Complete Streets Funding Program are encouraged to attend.
Road Scholar Credits
Continuing Education Credits (CEUs)
Road Scholar Hours
Select A Session
|There are no sessions of this course currently scheduled.|