Chainsaw Safety and Storm Damage Awareness Training - One Day
Classroom Portion Topics to Include:
- Chainsaw Safety Features
- PPE for saw operators
- First Aid Kit requirements-OSHA 1910.266
- Chainsaw Reactive Forces
- Cutting Techniques
- Danger Trees, Limbing, Pressures, Binds, Rolls and splits
- Swamper/Helper Activities and Placement
- Environmental Conditions
- Job Site Planning
Outside Demonstration Portion:
The instructor will use a previously felled trees or will fell one for this training.
Students in the class may or may not be afforded the opportunity to operate saws and or act as a Swamper/Helper.
Any student operating a saw will be required to don all necessary PPE. PPE will be inspected by the instructor prior to use, to confirm it is in serviceable condition.
- The instructor will used the downed tree to demonstrate how to relieve pressures and binds.
- The instructor will demonstrate how the use of notches and hinges should be used to lower trees and branches to the ground.
Road Scholar Credits
Continuing Education Credits (CEUs)
Select A Session
|There are no sessions of this course currently scheduled.|