Complete Streets 201: Designing Your Streets For People (Virtual) New
This virtual live instructor led training will provide an in-depth technical review of various Complete Streets design elements. Attendees will learn:
• Benefits of Complete Streets;
• Design guidance for people walking, biking, and taking transit;
• Methods to balance roadway users and apply flexibility;
• Complete Street Funding Program requirements; and
• Best practices for public engagement.
The course will be held over two, two-hour sessions held on back-to-back days. The elements discussed will be applied through a design exercise, that will include a 30 minute homework assignment between the first and second day. The following will be covered each day:
Day 1/Session 1:
• What is complete streets?
• Overview of MassDOT’s Complete Streets Funding Program
• Designing for Walking
• Designing for Biking
• Introduce Homework: Design Exercise
Day 2/Session 2:
• Designing for Transit
• Signal Design
• Review Design Homework activity (Virtual group activity)
• Public Engagement
• Wrap up/Course Survey
Each session has a 50 attendee maximum.
Attendees will receive links to the two classes after registering for the course.
The workshop is intended for Engineers, Designers, and Planners who are interested in developing Complete Streets solutions for municipal roadways. Municipal representatives requiring training eligibility for the Complete Streets Funding Program are encouraged to attend.
9:00 am-11am Class
Road Scholar Credits
Continuing Education Credits (CEUs)
Select A Session
|7/22/2020 9:00:00 AM||Complete Streets 201: Designing Your Streets For People||View Session|