Complete Streets 201: Designing Your Streets For People-Virtual Classroom New
This virtual live instructor led training will begin with an overview of the MassDOT funding program's operation and a tutorial of the online Portal, where all program interactions take place. Afterwards, the course will provide an in-depth technical review of various Complete Streets design elements in rural and suburban contexts. Attendees will learn:
* Benefits of Complete Streets in rural communities;
* Design guidance for people walking, biking, and taking transit;
* Methods to balance roadway users and apply flexibility;
* Complete Street Funding Program requirements; and
* Best practices for public engagement.
The course will be held over two, 2.5 hour sessions held on back-to-back days. The elements discussed will be applied through a design exercise, that will include a 30 minute homework assignment between the first and second day. The following will be covered each day:
Day 1/Session 1:
* What is complete streets?
* Overview of MassDOT's Complete Streets Funding Program and Portal
* Designing for Walking
* Designing for Biking
* Introduce Homework: Design Exercise
Day 2/Session 2:
* Signal Design
* Review Design Homework activity (Virtual group activity) * Public Engagement * Wrap up/Course Survey
The workshop is intended for Engineers, Designers, Planners, and other municipal staff who are interested in developing Complete Streets solutions for municipal roadways, particularly in rural communities. Municipal representatives requiring training eligibility for the Complete Streets Funding Program are encouraged to attend.
Each session has a 50 attendee maximum.
Attendees will receive links to the class after registering for the course. You will receive a confirmation email with additional information. Please contact Brenda Codella at email@example.com if you did not.
Accommodations for Disabilities: UMTC endeavors to provide an inclusive learning environment for all. If you require special services or arrangements to fully participate in this workshop, please contact Stephanie Cottrell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 413-800-2655 as soon as possible to discuss reasonable accommodations for your access needs.
Road Scholar Credits
Continuing Education Credits (CEUs)
Road Scholar Hours
Select A Session
|3/9/2022 9:00:00 AM||Complete Streets 201: Designing Your Streets For People-Virtual Classroom||Virtual||View Session|