NRMCA Exterior Concrete Flatwork Certification New
This certification program has been developed to provide the basic knowledge on best practices for placing and finishing concrete flatwork, typically exterior slabs on ground. The goal of certification is to ensure that knowledgeable contractors are selected to install concrete slabs and minimize the potential for failure resulting from installation practices.
This program is not intended for contractor personnel involved in larger projects like construction of large interior floor slabs, streets and local road, mainline paving, or decorative concrete flatwork. Contractors involved in this work may consider programs offered under the ACI Flatwork Finishing Certification or programs offered by other entities.
The program is designed to be administered locally by local sponsoring groups approved by NRMCA who can administer training sessions and facilitate a performance evaluation.
NRMCA provides the content and certification exams to approved local sponsoring groups for administering the certification.
NRMCA Concrete Exterior Flatwork Finisher
* Attended training course offered by an approved local sponsoring group;
* Successfully completed a written exam with passing score of 70%;
* Completed a performance evaluation by a representative of the sponsoring group during an installation of exterior flatwork or on a project;
* A video viewing and assessment of required skills is a permitted alternative.
The content covers the following:
1. Concrete Required for Exterior Flatwork
2. Placing and Finishing Concrete
4. Curing Concrete
5. Types of Surface Problems and Causes
Groups wishing to be approved as Local Sponsoring Groups for this program, contact Shawnita Dickens for the application and associated forms to administer the program.
Road Scholar Credits
Continuing Education Credits (CEUs)
Select A Session
|There are no sessions of this course currently scheduled.|