Confined Space Training- Blended Learning
The Confined Space Training-Blended Learning is an online format of the original course that includes self-guided modules, followed by a live Zoom meeting with the instructor. The self-guided portion MUST be completed prior to the live meeting.
This course will cover the new confined space standard for construction activities that OSHA issued effective August 2015 as well as the general industry standard, which have very similar requirements. It does not train your workers for entry rescue into a Permit-Required Confined Space, but it does cover all aspects of the standard and what is required including: General Requirements, Written Program, Written Permit, Attendant Duties, Entrant Duties, Entry Supervisor Duties, Emergency Procedures.
Who Should Attend
Those involved in projects where people enter sewers, catch basins, tanks, pits, crawl spaces and other similar spaces where people have restricted access and egress. Workers involved in construction projects, supervisors, and other personnel responsible for construction activities should attend this workshop.
Self-Paced ONLINE Modules (must be completed before the live Zoom session - approximately 3 hrs.)
- Module 1: Course Introduction
- Module 2: Definitions- Is it Confined Space?
- Module 3A: Definitions- Is a Permit Required?
- Module 3B: Hazards
- Module 4: What Does a PRCS Mean for the Employer & Employees
- Module 5A: Video Case Study from U.S. Chemical Safety Board (CSB)
- Module 5B: CSB Safety Video
- Module 5C-5D: Video Follow-Up and Handout
- Module 6: Knowledge Check and Resources
- Module 7A: Confined Spaces, Deadly Spaces
- Module 7B: Handout Review
- Module 7C: Wrap-Up & Conclusion
- Module 8: Zoom Link & Next Steps
Live Zoom Session Outline (approximately 3 hrs.)
- Review of Online Session
- General Requirements of Standard
- Permit Details
- More Definitions
- Atmospheric Fact Sheets: CO, Hydrogen Sulfide, Testing Procedures
- Final Q&A
REQUIREMENTS: Each participant MUST have:
• a working video camera that is ON for the whole Zoom session.
• a UNIQUE email address to be able to complete online modules and take the final online exam.
Road Scholar Credits
Continuing Education Credits (CEUs)
Road Scholar Hours
Select A Session
|There are no sessions of this course currently scheduled.|