Grader Operator Training- Blended Learning New
This blended learning course will provide students with both self-guided online modules and a virtual class with the instructor (on Zoom). A future in-person class will be held (when permitted) to allow for hands-on time with a grader.
Students will learn how to create a proper crown, shape a road, ditching, slope control, scarification techniques, blade pitch, grader articulation, and other things associated with operation of motor graders. All students will be given an opportunity to operate a grader and shape a roadway in the virtual session and in-person class.
The following self-guided Online Modules portion of the course must be completed prior to the virtual class.
- Module 1: Course Introduction
- Module 2A: Grader Operation
- Module 2B: Grader Operation Cont.
- Module 3: Course Conclusion
- Zoom Link & Next Steps
Information for the virtual class can be found in the confirmation email you receive after registering or in the “Zoom Link & Next Steps” online module. Please only use the link for the date assigned to your session.
This course is for anyone involved in gravel road maintenance whether or not you operate a grader. Supervisors will learn what skills to look for in an operator.
Class size is limited to 10 students, so sign up early, as this class fills very quickly.
Attendees will not receive full credit for this course until they complete the in-person, hands-on training in the fall of 2021.
For technical questions throughout the course, please contact the UMass Transportation Center at email@example.com.
**Virtual classroom protocol**
- If people are in the same room to participate, they must be 6' apart and wearing masks We have been told to stop a class if we see that these requirements are not followed.
- Please confirm any groups sharing a screen for the upcoming class. Inform training team member and the class instructor.
- Whenever possible, videos must be turned on to increase interaction, confirm attendance, and encourage social distancing.
- There will be a Safety Briefing prior to the training to announce these procedures to do our part in stopping the spread of COVID-19.
This event is accessible to people with disabilities and individuals with limited English proficiency. If you need a reasonable accommodation (such as American Sign Language Interpreters, assistive listening devices, handouts in alternate formats, etc.) and/or language assistance (such as translated documents or an interpreter) to fully participate, please contact the UMass Transportation Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 413-545-2604 at least 14 days prior to the event. Such services are provided free of charge.