Flagger/First Aid Training - Virtual Classroom New
Flagging is a very important and demanding job whether it be in a work zone, during utility installation or repair, or during an emergency road hazard situation. This course will provide first aid training as required by the Massachusetts Department of Transportation, as well as Flagger Certification which is valid for 2 years. Contact the Baystate Roads Program for additional information at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who Should Attend?
This course is offered to municipal employees who need to be certified for Flagging in Massachusetts.
Contact Emma Burgess at Baystate Roads for additional information or technical questions: email@example.com
- View session confirmation email or Module 1 to register for a virtual class (Zoom platform).
- Attend the virtual 4-hr Zoom class with instructor Tom Lemon.
- The first segment of the part of the class provides American Red Cross 1st Aid certification; valid for 2 years.
- The second portion, covers the MassDOT approved Roadway Flagger Curriculum. Following, there will be discussion and Q&A.
- After the virtual class, you will complete the final exam. This is the same final exam you would take during the face-to-face course. You have 1 attempt to pass this exam and must receive an 80% or higher to receive your Flagger/First Aid certification card. If you do not pass the exam, you will need to retake the course.
- Once you have passed the final exam, the instructor will mail your certification card. Please make sure that you have an updated address in your profile when you register for the course.
Live Virtual Class: register using the link in your session confirmation email or in Module 1. There are multiple session options listed in Module 1; please only sign up for the date designated for your session. The session and corresponding virtual classroom date and exam deadline are listed below. The introduction module will open on prior to the course to review directions for the virtual classroom and final exam. Each session has a maximum capacity of 15.
- Session 1 Virtual Class- January 19th, 2021 and exam deadline January 21st, 2021.
- Session 2 Virtual Class- January 20th, 2021 and exam deadline January 22, 2021.
- Session 3 Virtual Class- February 22, 2021 and exam deadline February 24, 2021.
- Session 4 Virtual Class- February 23, 2021 and exam deadline February 25, 2021.
- Session 5 Virtual Class- February 24, 2021 and exam deadline February 26, 2021.
Do not complete the Course Evaluation and Final exam until after the Virtual Class. You must complete the final exam within 2 days of your Virtual Class date.
**Virtual classroom protocol**
Tom Lemon is a Highway Work Zone/Roadway Flagger Instructor with Baystate Roads. Mr. Lemon is also the Lead Instructor of the MassDOT funded Pre-Apprenticeship and Vocational School Training Program and a CPR/First Aid/AED Instructor for the American Red Cross.
This event is accessible to people with disabilities and individuals with limited English proficiency. If you need a reasonable accommodation (such as American Sign Language Interpreters, assistive listening devices, handouts in alternate formats, etc.) and/or language assistance (such as translated documents or an interpreter) to fully participate, please contact Emma Burgess at 413-207-5347 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 14 days prior to the event. Such services are provided free of charge.