Asphalt Project Estimating - Virtual Classroom New
A complex task for many municipal highway officials is planning for their upcoming road and projects. Causes of deterioration and the best solution must be determined, followed by the preparation of a project scope, cost estimate, and bid documents. In this session, participants will learn about the many items to be considered when planning a project and how those will impact the best process to administer and complete the project from scope identification through final inspection.
• Utilizing pavement management
• Defining your project scope and goal(s)
• Ancillary aspects (drainage, safety, environmental, etc)
• Creating project specifications and bidding
• Funding sources and options
• Describe how to create the scope and goal of a pavement project.
• Identify various ancillary aspects to the paving project that would impact scope and costs.
• Illustrate BMPs of writing specs and bid proposals.
• Explain the importance of communication with contractors and stakeholders.
• Describe how owner, contractor, and engineer on public works construction projects work together.
• Identify available funding options.
Road Scholar Credits
Continuing Education Credits (CEUs)
Road Scholar Hours
Select A Session
|There are no sessions of this course currently scheduled.|