Chainsaw Safety and Storm Damage Awareness Training - One Day
Classroom Portion Topics to Include:
- Chainsaw Safety Features
- PPE for saw operators
- First Aid Kit requirements-OSHA 1910.266
- Chainsaw Reactive Forces
- Cutting Techniques
- Danger Trees, Limbing, Pressures, Binds, Rolls and splits
- Swamper/Helper Activities and Placement
- Environmental Conditions
- Job Site Planning
Outside Demonstration Portion:
The instructor will use a previously felled trees or will fell one for this training.
Students in the class may or may not be afforded the opportunity to operate saws and or act as a Swamper/Helper.
Any student operating a saw will be required to don all necessary PPE. PPE will be inspected by the instructor prior to use, to confirm it is in serviceable condition.
- The instructor will used the downed tree to demonstrate how to relieve pressures and binds.
- The instructor will demonstrate how the use of notches and hinges should be used to lower trees and branches to the ground.
Road Scholar Credits
Continuing Education Credits (CEUs)
Road Scholar Hours
Select A Session
|There are no sessions of this course currently scheduled.|