Snow & Ice Operations
This course will teach planning for winter weather and cover:
- The proper use of salt and liquid anti-icers and the environmental impacts.
- Pre wetting and pre-treating
- Anti-icing vs. De-icing.
- The use of sand and it’s environmental impact.
- Equipment calibration, usage specification and technology.
- Snow and ice policy for public review.
- Cost benefit analysis of salt vs. sand.
Who Should Attend
All drivers, foreman, supervisors and anyone who will be responsible for snow and ice removal. Finance committee members, selectmen and mayors are also encouraged to attend.
Road Scholar Credits
Continuing Education Credits (CEUs)
Select A Session
|10/9/2019 8:00:00 AM||Snow and Ice Operations - Sturbridge||Sturbridge Public Safety Complex||View Session|
|10/28/2019 8:00:00 AM||Snow and Ice Operations - Barnstable||C.O.M.M. Fire||View Session|
|11/7/2019 8:00:00 AM||Snow and Ice Operations - Lanesborough||Skyline Country Club||View Session|
|11/12/2019 8:00:00 AM||Snow and Ice Operations - Hamilton/Wenham||Hamilton-Wenham Public Library||View Session|