Principles of Drainage
This dynamic workshop is designed to provide an overview of the complexity of installing and maintaining drainage systems. It will provide information on how to manage and prevent drainage issues in order to keep your roads in the best possible condition.
In this workshop participants will learn:
• How to analyze the extent of drainage problems.
• Properties and effects of soil and sub-surface water.
• Appropriate use of subsurface drainage.
• Purpose of cross-section elements and maintenance techniques.
• How to maintain, inspect and install culverts.
• Purpose and maintenance of ditches.
• Types of erosion and ways to reduce it.
Who Should Attend
Public Works Directors, Highway Superintendents, Foremen, Crew Leaders, Town Engineers and others who have responsibility for the construction and maintenance of local roads.
Road Scholar Credits
Continuing Education Credits (CEUs)
Road Scholar Hours
Select A Session
|There are no sessions of this course currently scheduled.|