Snow and Ice Operations - Hamilton/Wenham
Date: 11/12/2019 8:00 AM - 11/12/2019 4:00 PM
Location: Hamilton-Wenham Public Library
14 Union Street
South Hamilton, Massachusetts
This course will teach planning for winter weather and cover:
- The proper use of salt and liquid anti-icers and the environmental impacts.
- Pre wetting and pre-treating
- Anti-icing vs. De-icing.
- The use of sand and it’s environmental impact.
- Equipment calibration, usage specification and technology.
- Snow and ice policy for public review.
- Cost benefit analysis of salt vs. sand.
Registration 7:30 AM. Class begins at 8:00 AM.
Please see course flyer for more information.
If you are having trouble with registration, please call 413-545-2604 for assistance.
|wayne||Town of West Newbury|
|Brooke||City of Cambridge|
|Mark||Town of Lynnfield|
|John||Town of Lynnfield|
- Michael Smith
Technical Training Specialist at UMTC UMass Amherst
Michael Smith is the Baystate Roads Technical Training Specialist. He was a Highway Superintendent for 20 years where he developed and implemented modern road maintenance techniques. Mike was responsible for day to day operation and long range planning for the municipality.
Before retiring in 2015, Mike was also a firefighter for 34 years. He is a lifelong resident of Heath, Massachusetts, whose teaching style includes a healthy portion of humor and student interaction. Mike can be reached at: email@example.com