Flagger/First Aid Training- Virtual Classroom Session 3
Date: 2/5/2021 - 2/24/2021 11:59 PM
This class has reached its capacity. To be placed on a wait list please click on the link below
Flagging is a very important and demanding job whether it be in a work zone, during utility installation or repair, or during an emergency road hazard situation. This course will provide first aid training as required by the Massachusetts Department of Transportation, as well as Flagger Certification which is valid for 2 years. Contact the Baystate Roads Program for additional information at: email@example.com.
Who Should Attend?
This course is being offered to municipal workers that need to be certified for Flagging in Massachusetts.
Class size is limited to 15.
Contact Emma Burgess at Baystate Roads for additional information or technical questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use the link in your confirmation email or in Module 1 to register for your virtual classroom meeting on February 22, 2021 at 8 AM.
- Attend a live 4-hr virtual session with instructor Tom Lemon.
- The first part of the session will cover first aid; a 2-year certification through the American Red Cross.
- The second portion will cover the MassDOT approved Roadway Flagger Curriculum. Following, there will be discussion and a Q&A.
- After the virtual class (on Zoom), you will complete the final exam. This is the same final exam you would take during the in-person course. You have 1 attempt on this exam and must receive an 80% or higher to receive your Flagger/First Aid certification card. If you do not pass the exam, you will need to retake the course. You must complete the exam by February 24, 2021.
- Once you have passed the final exam, the instructor will mail your certification card. Please make sure that you have an updated address in your profile when you register for the course.
Live Virtual Classroom Session: register using the link in your confirmation email or in Module 1. There are multiple dates listed in the module; please only sign up for the session on February 22, 2021 at 8 AM. The introduction module will open on February 5th to review the directions for the virtual classroom and final exam.
Do not complete the Course Evaluation and Final exam until after the virtual class. You must complete the final exam by February 24, 2021.
**Virtual classroom protocol**
Tom Lemon is a Highway Work Zone/Roadway Flagger Instructor with Baystate Roads. Mr. Lemon is the Lead Instructor of the MassDOT funded Pre-Apprenticeship and Vocational School Training Program and is also a CPR/First Aid/AED Instructor with the American Red Cross.
Accommodations for Disabilities: UMTC endeavors to provide an inclusive learning environment for all. If you require special services or arrangements to fully participate in this workshop, please contact Emma Burgess at 413-207-5347 or email@example.com as soon as possible to discuss reasonable accommodations for your access needs.
|Chris||Town of Longmeadow|
|Alexis||City of Fitchburg|
|Porter||Town of Tisbury|
|Daniel||City of Fitchburg|
|Carm||Town of Egremont|
|Shelly||Town of Leverett|
|Tim||Town of Egremont|
|Ken||Town of Tisbury|
|Dana||Town of Tisbury|
|Kirk||Town of Tisbury|
|Charles||City of Fitchburg|
|Donald||Town of Egremont|
|Richie||Town of Tisbury|
|Robert||Town of Merrimac|
|Ray||Town of Tisbury|