Load Securement and Rigging Training New
This course combines the Basic Rigging for Construction and the Load Securement half-day courses into a single full day course.
Load Securement will provide training for properly securing heavy equipment and other items to flatbeds and lowboys following the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administrations Standard 49 CFR 329.9 and 49 CFR 393, Subpart 1.
• Driver responsibilities
• Chain and sling inspection
• Components of a securement system
• Identify Working Load Limits (WLL)
• Proper number of tie-downs
• Indirect and Direct tie-downs
• Protection Against Shifting and Falling Cargo
Special attention will be spent on:
• Concrete Pipe
• Automobiles & Light Trucks
• Heavy Machinery & Equipment
• Large Boulders
This course will also provide training on rigging equipment for material handling, referencing OSHA Standard 1926.1400. Topics include safe rigging practices, calculating loads, chain and sling inspections, working load limits of rigging, safe hoisting operations, standard hand signals and environmental considerations.
Workers and supervisors involved in construction projects where loads are being suspended and moved, loaded and unloaded using chains and slings.
Registration: 7:30 AM, 8:00 AM Class