- Massachusetts Rivers & Roads Training: Using Fluvial Geomorphology (FGM) to Reduce Conflicts Between Transportation Assets and Rivers
• Tier 1: Online Course to Introduce the fundamentals of FGM • Tier 2: One-Day Course for Advance understanding of FGM – Tier 2A: Classroom session that includes a flume exercise – Tier 2B: One-day field trip • Tier 3: One-Day Subject Matter Courses to Enable project implementation • Goal: Advance understanding of FGM for designers, project managers, technical staff, and construction & maintenance staff overseeing river work.
- Massachusetts Rivers & Roads Training: Tier 2A: Rivers 101 – Channels, Floodplains, and River Corridors
• Channel form and process • Habitat • Floodplains • River corridors
- Massachusetts Rivers & Roads Training: Tier 2A: Dynamic Equilibrium and Channel Evolution
• Dynamic equilibrium • Channel evolution • Confinement • Specific stream power • Channel adjustments
- Massachusetts Rivers & Roads Training: Tier 2A: Channel Evolution Exercises and Project Case Studies
- Massachusetts Rivers & Roads Training: Tier 2A: Problem ID, Alternatives, and River Management
• Channel Impacts • Problem ID • Alternatives Analysis • River Management
- Beaver Management with Michael Callahan
- Beaver Management: So You've Got a Dam Beaver Problem
Expert advice on techniques to help with problems created by beavers. (Video 7:40)
- Culvert Assessment Manual 2019
The Culvert Assessment Form is designed for a rapid assessment by trained lay observers for purposes of flagging crossings that should be examined more closely for structural deficiencies. This assessment module is one of several developed and maintained by the North Atlantic Aquatic Connectivity Collaborative (NAACC).
- Planting trees by sidewalks and cycle tracks in relation to COVID and climate change
Helping trees reach maturity to provide shade.
- Street Trees Resources Sheet
Resources to help you make smart decisions about planning, planting, and caring for your street trees.
- Fournier Street Trees Presentation
PowerPoint pdf presentation
- The Importance of Road Salt Reduction
- Transportation Take-Away Auto Start and Stop
Auto start and stop systems. (Video 3:18)