Flagger/First Aid Training- Virtual Classroom Session 8
Date: 4/22/2021 - 4/24/2021 11:59 PM
This class has reached its capacity. To be placed on a wait list please click on the link below
Flagging is a very important and demanding job whether it be in a work zone, during utility installation or repair, or during an emergency road hazard situation. This course will provide first aid training as required by the Massachusetts Department of Transportation, as well as Flagger Certification which is valid for 2 years. Contact the Baystate Roads Program for additional information at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who Should Attend?
This course is being offered to municipal workers that need to be certified for Flagging in Massachusetts.
Contact Baystate Roads for additional information or technical questions: email@example.com
- Use the link in your confirmation email or in Module 1 to register for your virtual class on April 22, 2021 at 8AM.
- Attend the live 4-hr virtual class with instructor Tom Lemon.
- The first segment of the session will cover first aid; a 2-year certification through the American Red Cross.
- The second portion will cover the MassDOT approved Roadway Flagger Curriculum. Following, there will be discussion and a Q&A.
- After the virtual class (on Zoom), you will complete the final exam. This is the same final exam you would take during the in-person course. You have 1 attempt on this exam and must receive an 80% or higher to receive your Flagger/First Aid certification card. If you do not pass the exam, you will need to retake the course. You must complete the exam by April 24, 2021.
- Once you have passed the final exam, the instructor will mail your certification card. Please make sure that you have an updated email and address in your profile when you register for the course.
Virtual Class: register in your confirmation email or in Module 1. If you register in Module 1, there are multiple dates listed; please only sign up for the session on April 22, 2021 at 8 AM.
Do not complete the Course Evaluation and Final exam until after the virtual class. You must complete the final exam by April 24, 2021.
**Virtual classroom protocol**
Tom Lemon is a Highway Work Zone/Roadway Flagger Instructor with Baystate Roads. Mr. Lemon is the Lead Instructor of the MassDOT funded Pre-Apprenticeship and Vocational School Training Program and also a CPR/First Aid/AED Instructor with the American Red Cross.
Accommodations for Disabilities: UMTC endeavors to provide an inclusive learning environment for all. If you require special services or arrangements to fully participate in this workshop, please contact the UMass Transportation Center at 413-545-2604 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to discuss reasonable accommodations for your access needs.
|Thomas||MA Water Resources Authority (MWRA)|
|John||Town of Sturbridge|
|Timothy||Town of Dennis|
|Daniel||Town of Sturbridge|
|Andres||MA Water Resources Authority (MWRA)|
|Adam||Town of Dennis|
|David||Town of Sturbridge|
|Brian||Town of Sturbridge|
|Eric||MA Water Resources Authority (MWRA)|
|Alexandria||MA Water Resources Authority (MWRA)|
|Lanna||MA Water Resources Authority (MWRA)|
|Dave||Town of Sturbridge|
|Cameron||Town of Dennis|
|Rob||MA Water Resources Authority (MWRA)|
|Dianne||MA Water Resources Authority (MWRA)|
|Andrew||Town of Sturbridge|
|Andrew||Town of Dennis|
|Kimberly||Town of Sturbridge|
- Thomas Lemon
Field Coordinator / Instructor at Private Citizen