FAA Remote Pilot Certification Course - Springfield
Date: 1/23/2018 - 1/24/2018 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Location: UMass Center at Springfield
1500 Main Street
This special UMass certificate program is taught by Aviation and UAS industry experts and is geared toward individual who wish to earn FAA Remote Pilot Certification. Students will also learn about UAS Safety Management Practices that insurance companies and risk managers encourage.
This 12 hour course will cover all of the required knowledge content areas of the FAA’s Remote Pilot Test including: Regulations, The National Airspace System, Weather, Aircraft Loading and Performance, and Flight Operations. Upon completion, students should feel qualified to take the FAA Remote Pilot Test.
Course participants will also learn about key safety features of certain models of UASs as well as how to develop and follow sound checklist procedures and maintenance protocols.
• To prepare attendees with minimal UAS experience for the FAA Remote Pilot Written examination
• To introduce attendees to the current FAA requirements for drone operations as they apply to both private and public entities.
• To Introduce attendees on the current FAA Remote Pilot Regulations
• To introduce both current and potential drone operators of some of the most common safety practices.
1. Applicable regulations relating to small unmanned aircraft system rating privileges, limitations, and flight operation
2. Airspace classification, operating requirements, and flight restrictions affecting small unmanned aircraft operation
3. Small unmanned aircraft loading
4. Determining the performance of small unmanned aircraft
5. Aviation weather sources and effects of weather on small unmanned aircraft performance
6. Maintenance and preflight inspection procedures
7. Physiological effects of drugs and alcohol
8. Crew resource management
9. Physiological effects of drugs and alcohol
10. Aeronautical decision-making and judgment
11. Airport operations
12. Emergency procedures
Click here for directions to the UMass Center Springfield.
|Nick||Palmer Paving Corporation|
|Robert||All States Materials Group|
|Dylan||Palmer Paving Corporation|
|CHRISTOPHER||Gagliarducci Construction, Inc.|
|Sharon||Town of South Hadley|
|Joseph||Palmer Paving Corporation|
|Nathan||Weston & Sampson (Peabody)|
|Stephen||City of Framingham|
|Cole||UMTC UMass Amherst|
|William||Worcester State University|
|Merritt||University of Massachusetts Amherst (UMass)|
|John||Worcester State University|
|Scott||University of Massachusetts Amherst (UMass)|
|Mohammad||UMTC UMass Amherst|
|William||Town of Billerica|
|Ewen||Town of Longmeadow Police Department|
|Tom||DCR Amherst Field Office|
|Michael||UMTC UMass Amherst|
|Eric||Town of Longmeadow Police Department|
- David Price
at Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. (MA)
- Ryan Wicks
UMass Air Pilot at UMTC UMass Amherst