The UMTC conducts research on all aspects of Transportation including Operations, Management, Safety, Traveler Demand and Behavior, Sustainability, Freight, Transit, Intelligent Transportation Systems, Transportation Finance and Policy, Emission Estimation and Modeling, Commercial Motor Vehicle research, Safety, Human Factors, Climate Change and Economic Development.
The UMTC is funded in part by agreements with MassDOT, the New England Transportation Consortium (NETC) and other U.S. Department of Transportation, University Transportation Center (UTC) Consortiums.
Affiliate Researcher Network
The University of Massachusetts Transportation Center (UMTC) is developing a network of Affiliated Researchers. The network provides a mechanism to link funding organizations with innovative researchers in diverse areas of expertise. In addition, the network should also provide a platform through which we help shape the research needs across the Commonwealth.
There are several benefits and opportunities associated with joining the UTMC Research Affiliate network:
• Streamlined Access to Research Support Services
• Be a part of Statewide Research Roundtables
• Opportunities to Populate the UMTC Research Needs Database
• Input your ideas and focus into our Future Research Programming
• Perform Literature Searches in Your Area of Expertise
• Conduct a Peer Review Report Review
• Participate in Hot Topic (On Demand) Research Tasks
If you are interested in joining our Research Affiliate network, please contact Matt Mann at firstname.lastname@example.org.